How To Prepare Olive Oil Hair Mask
Do you have brittle or blistering hair? Well, if that’s the challenge you are facing, then you are at the right place to read all about the solution for your hair. If used appropriately, the olive oil hair mask will help with the necessary solutions for your hair.
Olive oil has taken up the cosmetics world, from ruling our kitchens to become a rage everywhere on the planet in recent times
Olive oil is a liquid fat extracted from the olives. This olive oil contains monounsaturated fatty acids.
Health Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair
Sometimes we don’t know the benefits of the essentials oils around us. The benefits of olive oil are immeasurable and it can be applied in many ways. The oil can be combined with any hair cream or it can also be mix with your conditioner to moisturize the hair.
1. It Moisturizes the Hair
Olive oil help soothe the hair. Olive oil can strengthen the hair if properly applied to the scalp. This oil can also be mixed with conditioner and be effectively used as a conditioner. In addition, many reasons why olive oil is good for consumption is also the main reasons why it is good at nourishing the hair. The antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids properties in olive oil can strengthen, hydrates and also restore the hair breakage. Moreover, the properties can also penetrate the hair, and ensure the hair stays silky and moisturized.
2. It Smoothens the Hair
Olive oil will help with broken hair and can smoothen the ends of the hair. Mixing the olive oil into your hair care package can moisturize the hair fibre, this will prevent hair breakage and strengthen the hair.
Additionally, massaging olive oil on to the hair can moisturize the hair, avoid irritation, and makes your hair smooth. Applying olive oil to the hair smoothes out the curl in the hair when massaged onto the scalp before applying shampoo.
3. Keeps Hair Healthy
Olive oil is rich in vitamin E which helps repair the hair loss. Olive oil can keep the hair healthy when mixing with other hair ingredients but do not apply in excess as it may lead to hair breakage. The oil is very good for dry and thick hair. According to hair specialists, they suggest that the application of olive oil to the hair can regulate the hair growth, keep the hair dampish and robust.
Olive oil is highly rich in antioxidants and antimicrobial properties which can contribute to healthy hair.
4. Treats Dandruff
Olive oil reduces the grease and sebum build-up on your scalp and also unclogs your hair follicles.
Olive oil minimizes scalp irritation in which in turn can remove dandruff completely from the hair. If effectively used the olive oil will immediately stop the irritation in the scalp as well as the flakes.
As earlier stated, olive oil has antioxidants properties. These properties can help in preventing the harm caused to the scalp. It can also protect the hair from humidity and UV rays due to the high amount of fatty acids in it. Also, the anti-inflammatory agents in the oil could help in restoring bad scalp.
5. Tame Frizzy Hair
Olive oil is essential in taming kinky hair. Brushing of hair alone could leave the hair messy by causing split ends. But, putting olive oil to your scalp can moisturize the dry hair and will help tame the kinky hair and smooth down the split ends.
Olive oil hair masks are very good in restoring dry and damaged lock hair. The oil smoothens, and maintains the hair edges, also make the hair silky.
The oil can remove bacteria, fungus, minimize itchiness, clear dandruff, and remove dead skin when adequately applied to the scalp.
Sometimes, olive oil can also be used in styling the end part of the hair in order to tame the hair. This process is very effective during the winter when hair tends to be brittle and this method is also effective for those that are used in straightening their hair.
How to Prepare Olive Oil Hair Mask
These following are the ingredients and the process to undergo in preparing the olive oil hair mask.
- Half cup of extra virgin olive oil
- A quarter cup of honey
- Two to three Vitamin-E capsules
- Airtight glass jars
- Basting brush or paintbrush
- Cling Film/ Shower or Cap/Plastic grocery bag.
How To Prepare
- Pour the honey in an airtight glass jar and add the olive oil to it.
- Now, pierce the Vitamin-E capsules and squeeze them into the olive oil and honey mix.
- Whisk the mixture until it becomes smooth.
- It shouldn’t be very sticky.
- Use a paintbrush or basting brush to apply the mask on your hair. Pay more attention to your damaged hair ends.
- Make sure you apply the mask evenly all over your hair.
- Cover your hair up with a shower cap. You can also wrap it up in a plastic film or cover it with a plastic grocery bag. If you have long hair, twist it loosely on the top of your head and clip it in place before you cover it with a shower cap or wrap it with a film.
- Allow the hair mask to stay for more than an hour. Doing this will let the hair hold most of the honey and olive oil combine. The steam produced within the cap or wrap stimulates higher absorption of the hair mask.
- Finally, wash the hair using lukewarm water. Don’t use heated water, your hair could be sticky or stiff at first, however it’ll shortly become softer because the water washes away additional of the hair mask.
- Apply a natural shampoo and a conditioner.
Olive Oil Mix With Banana
- Use banana and blend with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Blend all right to make a sleek paste and apply it to your hair.
- Leave on for about 30 minutes before washing with shampoo.
Check the shampoo before buying from the store. Sulfate-free shampoos are the most effective ones for your hair. They’re gentler than other shampoos. They don’t lather up the maximum amount, but they are just as effective.