Easy Steps In Making Pancake
Homemade pancake is one of the best pancakes you can enjoy. Making Nigerian pancake is really very easy because it doesn’t take much ingredients and time.
Pancakes has so many nutrients, it is beyond having it as an ordinary snack as it is widely speculated in Nigeria. Pancake is the most balanced meal you can have as it is a blend of protein, carbohydrates, and fats and oil.
So try making this for your family this weekend and enjoy it with chilled drinks.
Ingredients For Pancake
Making the pancakes are very easy if you follow the easy steps method as explained in this article.
- Get a cup of flour
- 2 medium-size eggs
- half a cup of evaporated milk (Peak Milk)
- 2 tablespoons of margarine
- A cup of water
- a quarter teaspoon of salt
- 6 teaspoons of sugar to taste
- Ground Chilli Pepper to taste
- and, vegetable oil
Preparation for Pancake
- Melt the margarine in the microwave or put in a bowl and dip in a hot water to melt.
- Break the two eggs into the margarine and beat till smooth. Then add a half cup of water.
- Add the flour and mix well till there are no lumps.
- Add the milk, salt, sugar, ground pepper and the remaining half cup of water. Mix them very well.
- Blend the mixtures using a blender. This will remove any lumps that are left in the pancake and make it smooth. If you don’t have a blender, just mix the ingredients properly to reduce the lumps inside.
- Put a frying pan over medium heat and add a few drops of vegetable oil.
- When the frying pan is hot, pour some pancake paste into the frying pan. Tilt the pan so that the paste coats the surface of the pan evenly. It should be a thin coat.
- Fry the underside of the pancake for about 1 minute, shaking the pan from time to time till the pancake comes loose. You can also loosen it with the spatula. Check the underside to be sure it has browned to your liking, preferably light brown.
- Flip the pancake so you can fry the top side as well.
- The pancake is done when both sides are light brown.
Follow these procedures until you fry all the pancakes and serve with chilled drinks. It can also serve as breakfast or given to the children to school as snacks.
Watch the video below for better understanding on how to prepare Nigerian Pancakes