Amazing Ways To Get Rid Of Body Odour
Having body odour is really embarrassing. It is an unpleasant odour that can make you feel uneasy or not comfortable with yourself or if you are with someone with body odour. It smells so bad that it makes the body cringes. However, it can be treated with proper care, attention and correct remedies. Follow this article to learn about the amazing ways to get rid of body odour.
What do you understand by the term “Body Odour”?
Body odour is an unpleasant smell the body produced when bacteria that normally live on the skin break down sweat into acids. Though everybody has a unique body odour, it can be a pleasant odour or otherwise. But, body odour is generally termed as an unpleasant odour.
What are the causes of body odour?
A lot of factors may lead to unpleasant body odour due to the following:
- poor hygiene
- food or
- excessive sweating.
However, a sudden change in the body may be due to environmental changes or a sign of underlying health condition.
Areas where body odour may likely to occur:
- under the arms
- private part
- behind the ears
- skin, to some extent
Home Remedies For Body Odour
Let’s look at some home remedies to follow in treating body odour.
1. Baking Soda & Lemon
Baking soda absorbs moisture and reduces bacterial growth on the skin while lemon works amazingly well in balancing the pH level in the body. To use this remedy follow the procedures below.
- Get one tablespoon of baking soda and lemon juice.
- Mix the ingredients very well.
- Then, apply it to the area where you sweat excessively.
- Allow it to stay for five minutes before washing off with water.
- Take a bath after the process.
- Repeat this daily for a few weeks for effective results.
2. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a great remedy for body odour. It kills the bacteria on the skin and also has a nice scent.
- Pour 2 drops of tea tree oil to 2 tablespoons of water.
- Put the mixtures in a bottle spray for easier use as a deodorant.
- Continue using as a deodorant till you get your desired results.
Those who have highly sensitive skin should please stay away from tea tree oil, as it may irritate the skin.
3. Tomato Juice
Tomato juice is another food that can treat body odour. It acts as an astringent which help shrink pores and block the ducts that secrete sweat in order to reduce excessive sweating.
- You will need 7 tomatoes.
- blend these tomatoes until it forms a paste.
- Extract the tomato juice from the paste.
- Add the juice into a container filled with water and use it to take your shower.
- Do it daily, mostly at night times until you get your desired results.
You can also rub tomato juice to the area where you sweat excessively before or during your shower, or you can drink 1 to 2 glasses of the tomato juice daily to reduce the odour.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar for body odor
Just like lemon, apple cider vinegar also helps in balancing the pH of the skin and kills the bacteria that cause body odour.
Soak in apple cider vinegar and apply it to the area that is prone to sweating.
5. Wheatgrass Juice
Wheatgrass popularly called “Koriko alikama” in Yoruba parts of Nigeria. It contains anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, which help kill the bacteria that produce the body smell. It has a huge amount of chlorophyll, a compound that prevents body odour. Also, it reduces excessive sweating in the body.
- Blend 2 tablespoons of wheatgrass juice in a glass of water.
- Consume on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Follow this routine daily.
Regular intake of the wheatgrass juice may eliminate body odour and mouth odour. Also, due to the strong taste, you may feel nauseated at first.
6. Sage Herbs
Sage herb can fight bacteria and reduce perspiration. It contains aromatic compounds which can help the body to smell nice. Due to the antibacterial properties in sage leaves, it can prevent multiple productions of bacteria on the skin thereby eliminating body odour.
- Add 2 tablespoons of dried sage into four cups of warm water.
- Let it steep for 10 mins, then strain.
- Use it to wash the area that sweat a lot.
- Alternatively, make a sage tea with 1 tablespoon of dried sage in a cup of hot water for five minutes. Squeeze some lemon juice into it and drink. Take it 1 or 2 times daily.
7. Turnips for body odour
Turnips contain antibacterial properties which kill the bacteria that cause body odour. It is also rich in vitamin C and many other nutrients that can reduce body odour.
- Slice 3 turnips into small pieces and blend them using a blender to form a paste.
- Strain it to extract the juice out of the paste.
- Use this juice under on your armpit or to the area where you sweat excessively.
- Wash off with lukewarm water once it becomes dry.
- Repeat this daily to stay odour free.
8. Rosemary leaves
Rosemary contains properties that prevent the growth of bacteria causing the unpleasant smell in the body. It has mint and chlorophyll which contain properties that can stop strong body smell and also provide a nice scent to your body.
- Add 1 and a half cup of dried rosemary leaves to four glasses of hot water
- Leave for 15 minutes to settle.
- Add the rosemary water into your bathwater.
- Soak yourself in the water for 20 minutes. Then, gently dry your skin with a towel. Do this in the morning daily in order to smell good throughout the day.
9. Baking Powder and Cornstarch
Don’t be surprised to see cornstarch as a home remedy for body odour. Cornstarch is very beneficial and can be used in many ways. The cornstarch can absorb moisture, while the baking soda will eliminate the odour in the body.
- Get the same amount of baking powder and cornstarch.
- Mix them together very well and store in an airtight container.
- Then, apply it to your armpits or the affected area where you feel the odour.
- You can leave it on for several hours or use as a deodorant for the whole day.
It works very well if applied effectively and used regularly.